- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g chorizo, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- pinch chilli flakes
- 120g bag baby spinach
- 1 packet gnocchi
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- ½ cup (approx 50g) Mainland gruyere, grated
- ½ cup (approx 50g) Mainland grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chorizo and fry for 5 minutes until crisp. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, then add the garlic, chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Bring a full kettle of water to the boil and pour into a large saucepan. Season the water with salt and add the gnocchi and peas. Cook until the gnocchi floats to the top (approx 2-3 minutes), drain well and add to the frying pan along with the chorizo.
- Toss well and add the gruyere. Put into bowls and top with the parmesan and serve.