These cute little tarts may be small but they're definitely big on taste. The combination of Crumbly Mainland Feta and caramelised onion will establish these as party favourite.
- 24 store-bought small savoury tart cases
- 8 – 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 50g Mainland Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions , thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Fresh thyme leaves + extra to serve
- Firstly prepare the caramelised onion. Heat the oil in a large frypan over low heat. Add the onions and a good pinch of salt and cook slowly for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When the onions are soft and starting to turn a light golden brown add the balsamic and sugar. Continue to cook over a low heat for a further 5 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sticky and caramelised. Stir through a small handful of thyme leaves and remove from the heat. Season with black pepper and set aside.
- To prepare the tarts place the empty cases out on a work surface. Using 2 teaspoons, almost fill the cases with some caramelised onion. Top each tart with tomato pieces and a good crumble of feta cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of thyme leaves and set on a platter to serve.