We put the challenge out there to find NZ's best cheese toastie. After rigorous taste testing, we settled on a classic. Rosie's "In a Pickle". Take some pickled onions and Mainland Camembert, and you can't go past this kiwi classic. Enjoy with Jenny's Kitchen Tamarind Chutney.
- 2 slices ploughmans rustic white bread
- Mainland buttersoft spread
- 1/2 a small Mainland Camembert wheel
- 1/2 cup Mainland mozarella
- 1/4 cup grated gouda
- 3 pickled onions
- Jennys kitchen tamarind chutney
- Generously butter 2 slices of the bread. Place one slice of bread butterside down on a cold sandwich press.
- Place the camembert thinly sliced on the bread and put the chopped pickled onions on top of the camembert.
- Add the grated gouda and mozzarella.
- Put the other piece of buttered bread butter-side up on top.
- Close the sandwich press and set to low heat for 1-2 minutes, then toast at high heat for 1 minute after that.
- Slice hot and serve with a good dollop of tamarind chutney and a glass of your favourite beer.