- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 150g Mainland Unsalted Butter (or salted if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Golden Syrup
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- t Tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the oats, coconut and flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter melts and sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat, cool slightly, then add the baking soda mixed with water. Stir to combine, then pour over the oat mixture and mix.
- Dampen your hands to avoid the mixture sticking and roll into 24 balls. Divide between 2 trays lined with baking paper, leaving 3cm between each. Flatten lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden swapping trays halfway through if need be. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.