- 375g (2½ cups) self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 50g chilled butter, cubed
- 100g (1½ cups) Mainland grated Tasty cheese
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sift the flour, salt and smoked paprika into a bowl. Rub in the butter, then stir in the cheese and spring onions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and yoghurt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and cut with a knife to just combine.
- Tip onto a lightly floured bench and shape gently into a round 2 cm thick and large enough to fit your frying pan (ideally around 24-16 cm in size). Cut into 8 wedges.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the wedges, then reduce the heat.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until browned on the underside then turn over each wedge and cook for a further 8-10 minutes until browned on the other side. Best served warm with butter.