A hearty weekend breakfast calls for an omelette packed full of flavour – and this soufflé number, made with Edam Grated Cheese, is just the ticket. It sounds impressive but is easy to make and on the table in minutes.
- Preheat grill on a medium-high setting.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold through the combined egg yolks, sifted flour, herbs, pepper, salt and a 1/3 of the Mainland Edam Grated Cheese.
- Melt Mainland Natural Butter in a 20cm non-stick pan over a medium heat. Sauté the leeks for 2 minutes until slightly soft, then add in the omelette mixture and cook for 4 minutes without stirring, browning the bottom slightly.
- Sprinkle over remaining Mainland Edam Grated Cheese, along with any remaining chopped herbs.
- Place under the grill until cheese is melted and omelette is firm (4-5 minutes).
- Remove omelette from grill and serve garnished with herbs and salad.
Tip: Leek can be replaced with mushrooms, spinach or ham.