5 - 8 MINS
2 - 4
A quick and easy-to-prepare tasty Mexican favourite for the whole family to share. These quesadillas are best cooked on the BBQ hot plate to add to the flavour. Pair with fresh guacamole, a pineapple salsa and a jug of lemon and minted water for the perfect Summer evening meal.
- 6 large wraps, square or round
- 100g grated Mainland Noble cheese + extra to serve
- 50g thinly sliced salami, chopped into pieces
- 2 - 3 tbsp tomato relish
- small handful coriander or flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- olive oil spray
- Place 1 wrap on a large work surface and evenly spread over a quarter of the cheese. Place the salami pieces evenly over the cheese then top with a second wrap. Spread the wrap with an even layer of relish and top with more cheese and a good sprinkle of herbs. Place a third wrap on top and set aside. Repeat to prepare another quesadilla and set to one side.
- Heat your BBQ hot plate and lightly spray with olive oil. Depending on the size of your BBQ, place either 1 or both of the quesadillas on the hot plate. Spray the top wrap with a little oil as well.
- Cook the quesadillas for 2 – 3 minutes until the cheese has started to melt. Using a large pizza paddle or heat proof spatula carefully turn the quesadillas over and continue cooking, and turning, for a further 3 – 5 minutes until evenly golden and crispy. Remove from the BBQ and place on a chopping board.
- Chop the quesadillas roughly into pieces or wedges and pile up on a platter. Sprinkle with extra herbs and grated cheese and serve with a selection of salsas or dips. Try serving with guacamole, pineapple and sumac salsa, corn and tomato salsa.