These Mexican-inspired enchiladas are as fun to make as they are to eat – filled with delicious Mainland Mild Cheese and spices, put them on the table with lots of condiments and watch them disappear.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tin whole peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 2 cups Mainland Mild Cheese, grated
- 6 soft tortilla wraps
- ½ cup Anchor sour cream
- Tomato salsa, hot sauce, avocado and fresh coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic and mince until browned.
- Add oregano, coriander and chilli flakes, then tinned tomatoes and kidney beans, and simmer for 5-10 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then stir in half the cheese. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C
- Divide mixture between the 6 tortillas and wrap each into a parcel. Place on a lined oven tray and top with sour cream and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling on top.
- Serve enchilada parcels with tomato salsa, hot sauce, avocado and fresh coriander.