- 40 gms Mainland Butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 200 gms macaroni pasta cooked al dente
- 1 ½ cups Tasty Light Cheese, grated
- 200 gms chopped ham or cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional
- 2 tablespoons Panko crumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degs. Heat the butter until melted then add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until golden and sandy in texture.
- Gradually add the hot milk stirring until smooth. Add the mustard and seasoning then simmer for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni, 1 cup of the grated cheese and ham and spoon into an oven proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle over the panko crumbs and top with remaining cheese, bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with seasonal greens.