High in protein, fibre and vitamins A and C, broadbeans are a New Zealand favourite. Mixed together with Mainland Creamy Feta and mint leaves, what better guilt free snack than this dip! Cut up your favourite raw veges, grab a glass of cider and you're set.
- 700g broadbeans in pods or 250g frozen broadbeans
- 400g peas in pods OR 150g frozen peas
- 100g Mainland Creamy Feta
- large handful mint leaves
- ¼ - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the podded broad beans or frozen broadbeans for two – three minutes or until just cooked. Remove from the heat and immerse in ice cold water to retain their colour. Repeat the same process with the peas and set aside. Once cold, drain the broadbeans and peas well and remove the outer shells from the broadbeans.
- Place the drained peas and broadbeans in a large bowl and add the feta, roughly torn mint leaves, 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using a stick blender or small kitchen processor, blend the ingredients together leaving a little bit of texture. Add the remaining oil as you process. Taste and season accordingly.
- Serve the dip with chopped raw vegetables such as red pepper, baby carrots and sugarsnaps if liked OR crostini and crackers.