- 2 red peppers
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cups of ice cold water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 crostini
- 125g Mainland Double Cream Camembert
- Handful of chopped chives
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Lightly spray the peppers with oil and place on a baking tray in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until lightly charred and cooked. Remove and cover with foil until cool enough to handle. While the peppers are cooking, use a small knife to put a cross in the top and bottom of each tomato. Pour over boiling water and leave for about one minute until the skins start to peel back. Pour over cold water and peel off remaining skin. When the peppers have cooled, remove the skin, seeds and stalk and roughly chop. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and roughly chop.
- Place the pepper, tomato, orange juice and zest, paprika, sugar and water in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the chilled soup in small bowls or glasses. Spread each crostini with a large slice of camembert and serve with the soup with chives to garnish.