- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g Parma ham
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 400g fresh pappardelle pasta
- 100g Mainland Special Reserve Creamy Blue Cheese
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Anchor Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp fresh sage leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Arrange pumpkin on a roasting tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Place Parma ham and hazelnuts onto the tray with the pumpkin and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the ham is crisp and the nuts toasted. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and set aside with the ham.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente then drain.
- Bring stock, Creamy Blue and cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan, then add the pumpkin.
- Crumble in half the crispy ham, sage leaves and roughly chopped hazelnuts.
- Toss through the pasta and serve in shallow bowls garnish with remaining ham, sage and nuts.
Tip: Use fettuccine if you can't locate pappardelle.