- 50g Mainland Natural Butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1L warmed chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g pumpkin, diced and roasted
- 50g Mainland Tasty Cheese
- 50g Mainland Edam Cheese
- 4 tbsp Mainland Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 50g Anchor Lite Sour Cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices prosciutto, baked at 160°C for 6 minutes
- Melt butter in a large pan over a low heat and fry rice, onion and garlic until lightly golden.
- Gradually add stock (about 250ml at a time), stirring constantly over a medium heat till it is absorbed into the rice.
- Just prior to the last 250ml being added, fold through pumpkin, Tasty and Edam cheeses.
- Add sour cream. Stir until creamy and season to taste.
- Place the Grated Parmesan Cheese on a non-stick surface and allow to crisp under the grill or in the oven at 180°C for 5 minutes. Let cool and use to garnish the risotto, along with the prosciutto.
Tips: Using vegetable stock makes this dish vegetarian - try using different stocks to add an extra element of flavour.
An easier option is to simply stir the Parmesan Grated Cheese into the risotto and sprinkle on top, instead of crisping it in the oven.