Mini capsicums or peppers make great vessels for holding fillings to grill on the barbecue, and haloumi is a firm favourite. You can just use haloumi plain with some of your favourite herbs or try additions like capers or olive pieces for more of a Mediterranean flavour.
- 15 mini capsicums/peppers
- 200g Mainland Haloumi
- 15 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat the barbecue to hot.
- Cut the tops off the mini peppers and discard.
- Cut/scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook for three minutes with the lid on.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Cut the haloumi into pieces to fit inside the peppers.
- Fill each pepper with cheese, a basil leaf and a few capers if using.
- Brush with oil and cook for about three minutes each side.