Simple and tasty, these make perfect nibbles. If you can’t cut long thin ribbons, you can always cut thin slices of zucchini to pickle and add to the top of the cheese along with the tomato.
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Half a cup white wine vinegar
- 200g Mainland Noble Cheese
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Cut the zucchini into thin ribbons, you can do this with a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- Lay flat in a dish and sprinkle with salt, toss to cover and leave for 10 minutes then sprinkle over the sugar and vinegar, mix around and leave to pickle for about 30 minutes.
- Cut or break the Noble cheese into 2cm chunks then wrap around with pieces of zucchini and skewer with and toothpick and half cherry tomato.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.