Eggs for breakfast need not be boring. Make the first meal of the day one to remember with this easy recipe full of colour and spice. It is also great for a weekend brunch.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 400ml chunky salsa
- 375mls chopped tomatoes in puree
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 140g Mainland Creamy Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- Anchor Greek Yoghurt for serving
- Chopped coriander, for serving
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until very soft.
- Add salsa, chopped tomatoes and seasoning, simmer until thickened.
- Srir in crumbled feta.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir some of the coriander into the yoghurt and sprinkle some on top of the eggs and serve.