Experiment with something different and try your hand at making this tasty Huevos Rancheros for your next family brunch. Huevos Rancheros is a traditional Mexican dish of eggs and salsa on a corn tortilla. Our simple twist for this easy-to-prepare recipe by Rhiannon Baldock is perfectly topped off with a single serve of delicious Mainland Creamy Feta.
- 4 fried tortillas
- ¼ cup store bought salsa
- ½ cup black beans
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander plus more to serve
- 100g pan fried chorizo sausage, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 50g pack Mainland Creamy Feta
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, lightly mash the black beans with the olive oil, seasoning with juice of ½ a lime.
- In another bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, red onion, coriander and juice of remaining lime half. Set aside.
- Pan fry the eggs to your liking.
- To assemble, spread each fried tortilla with store bought salsa. Spoon over the black beans, and sprinkle over chorizo pieces. Top with a fried egg, spoon over the fresh tomato salsa then sprinkle with feta cheese. Season if desired, and serve immediately with extra coriander.