We all love a good burger and this one is an absolute cracker. Picture a toasted bun smothered in mayonnaise with caramelised onions and a chargrilled patty topped with slices of Mainland Tasty Cheese and crowned with pickles. Bring on burger night!
- 400g beef mince
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 brioche burger buns, halved and toasted
- 1 packet Mainland Tasty Cheese slices
- tomato sauce
- Heat two tablespoons of Mainland Butter in a sauté pan on a low-medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until dark and caramelised. Set aside. (The onions can be made a day ahead, then kept in the fridge and reheated before use).
- Place the mince in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Mix well and shape into four evenly-sized patties.
- Cook the beef patties on one side over a high heat on a barbecue grill or in a cast iron pan for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Just before you finish, drape a slice of Mainland Tasty cheese over each patty and let it melt. Remove, cover and rest for a minute.
- To make the burgers, spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on each toasted bun bottom, followed by some caramelised onions. Add the patty with the melted Mainland Tasty Cheese, top with sauces if you wish, some pickles, finish with the top of the bun, and devour with joy!