To add a touch of panache to your plate, try this flavour-infused white bean and Mainland Creamy Feta mash. The perfect foil for a lamb roast or as an alternative to potato.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 400g cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g Mainland Creamy Feta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Put the olive oil and rosemary in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for two to three minutes or until translucent and cooked, but not browned.
- Add the butter beans and lemon zest and continue to cook for a further five to seven minutes or until warmed through and the beans are starting to fall apart.
- Remove from the heat and add the feta, lemon juice and a very generous glug of extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the rosemary sprig from the pan and set aside. Use a stick blender or potato masher and crush the mixture together to your desired texture, adding extra oil if needed. Serve warm with lamb cutlets and watercress salad if liked.