- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican spice fajita mix
- 300g jar tomato salsa
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 400g cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 medium tortillas
- 1 cup (approx 80g) Mainland grated mozzarella
- 1 cup (approx 80g) Mainland grated Tasty cheddar
- 25g Mainland butter, melted (optional depending on method)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then fry the onion for 7 minutes until softened.
- Add the spice mix and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the salsa and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beans, simmer for 5 minutes. Lightly mash the beans.
- Stir in the coriander and chicken. Spread the mix over 4 tortillas and sprinkle with the grated cheeses, then top with the remaining tortillas.
- Either fry each quesadilla in a sandwich press or frying pan (flipping over after 3-4 minutes), or put onto baking paper lined baking trays. Brush the tops with melted butter and put into a hot oven for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream, extra coriander leaves and pickled jalapeños.