These vegetarian fritters are a cinch to make – plus they’re healthy and packed with our deliciously cheeky, squeaky Mainland Haloumi cheese.
- 300g carrot
- 1 x 180g pack of Mainland Haloumi, grated
- ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion (green parts only)
- Large handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Mainland Buttersoft for cooking
- Anchor Protein+ Plain Yoghurt
- Grate the carrot into a tea towel, gather it up, and squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Place the carrot in a large bowl with the grated Mainland Haloumi, spring onions and coriander. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Crack the egg into the mixture, then add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 10 even rounded portions and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of Mainland Buttersoft in a large fry pan on a medium heat.
- Place two or three of the portions in the pan and push down with a spatula until you have a nice fritter shape, about 3cm thick. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook again.
- Remove and place in a warm oven. Add another tablespoon of Mainland Buttersoft to the pan and cook the remaining fritters.
- Once cooked, divide the fritters between two plates, stack them high and add a nice dollop of Anchor Protein+ Plain Yoghurt. Grind over some pepper and garnish with coriander.