The sweet fruity tartiness of this cranberry and apple chutney on your Mainland cheeseboard will never go amiss. This ideal accompaniment for bread and cheese adds the perfect finishing touch of flavour.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 350g frozen cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3cm chunk ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Thyme leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the shallots until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 – 20 minutes until the cranberries and apples have collapsed and the chutney thickened. Leave to cool completely then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve with Mainland Creamy Camembert, fruit bread and dried apricots and cranberries if liked.