10 - 15 mins
Take your next dinner party or family night to new levels with this easy Fried Camembert recipe by Rhiannon Baldock. Take wedges of creamy, melted Mainland Special Reserve Camembert cheese and encase it all in a crunchy, golden brown panko shell. Add paprika for a mouth-watering hint of smokiness and top it all off with fresh chopped parsley and chilli flakes. Pair with a hint of sweetness from your favourite relishes or honey and you’ve got the perfect nibble!
- 125g Mainland Special Reserve Camembert Cheese
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1tsp smoky paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil
- 1tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- Chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- To serve: relish and honey
- Cut the camembert wheel into 8 wedges, or leave whole*. In a bowl, combine the flour and paprika, season, then toss the camembert wedges in the flour mix.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, then in another bowl add the panko crumbs. Dip each wedge into egg then coat in crumbs, then repeat to double crumb the cheese.
- Deep fry in sunflower oil, then drain on a paper towel.
- Place onto a plate, then sprinkle with seasoning, fresh parsley and chilli flakes, then serve with relishes and/or honey.
Tip: If you leave whole, still coat twice in egg and breadcrumbs, frying on each side until golden.