Perfect for a Winter Sunday lunch, as the name suggests you can't go wrong with this Vintage Cheese quiche. Pair it with a side salad and some iced tea and you're well on your way to starting the week ahead in the right way!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup Mainland Vintage Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Anchor Milk
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- Place eggs, flour, Vintage Cheese, olive oil, milk and onion into a container or large food processor and either shake vigorously for 1 minute or process for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a hot, greased quiche dish and add the bacon along with any vegetables you may have e.g. corn, mushrooms, chopped parsley, etc.
- Bake the quiche at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and bowl of crusty bread.
Tip: Leave out the bacon and add chopped roasted kumara to make this vegetarian.