- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 2 small or 1 large baguette
- 4 Tbsp store bought pesto
- 100g Mainland Creamy Feta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Lightly spray the peppers with oil and place on a baking tray in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred. Remove and cover with foil until cool enough to handle. While the peppers are cooking, place the sliced courgettes on a separate baking tray and spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook in the same oven for 15 - 20 minutes, turning once, until soft and lightly golden. Remove and set aside until cool.
- When the peppers have cooled, remove the stalks and seeds and peel off the skin. Cut into strips about two-three centimetres wide and set aside.
- Using a bread knife, carefully slice the top third off the baguette/s. Use a small serrated knife to scoop out the soft bread from the centre to make a hollow and discard.
- Spray the inside of the baguette with a little olive oil and spread pesto over the bottom half. Place the yellow pepper in an even layer over the pesto then top with a layer of crumbled feta. Season generously with black pepper. Top with a layer of courgette slices and red pepper then place on the baguette top.
- Wrap the baguette tightly in gladwrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight if liked. Serve the small baguettes sliced in half, or large baguettes sliced into smaller pieces.