Bowls have become a favourite way to consume a meal, and our Winter bowl recipe will leave you toasty warm inside and out, combining hearty spiced roasted vegetables and wild rice with our certified Organic Mainland Cheese.
- 200g wild rice mix or quinoa
- 1 large ripe eggplant, diced
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 crisp red apple, sliced
- 150g Mainland Organic Cheddar Cheese, shaved or sliced
- 50g rocket or micro greens
- ¼ cup mixed toasted seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra)
- Finely sliced ginger
- Juice and zest of an orange
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- Cook rice according to packet directions, then drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile toss eggplant, cauliflower and onion in the combined olive oil, turmeric, salt and cumin seeds.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine cider vinegar, oil, ginger and orange juice and zest and mix well.
- Arrange wild rice and vegetables in individual bowls then top with sliced apple and our Organic Cheddar Cheese, then sprinkle over seed mix. Drizzle over citrus dressing and sprinkle with toasted seeds.