- Preheat the oven 180°C.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and lightly roll each one with a rolling pin. Cut into rounds, then butter each side. Press into a muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden (these can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container).
- While they are baking whisk together the cream and eggs in a jug, season with salt and pepper, add half the chives and set aside.
- In the base of each bread case, divide the ham, then sprinkle with the havarti. Pour in the egg mix, being careful to not overflow the mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives and bake for 10-15 minutes until just set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tins and serving warm.