4 mini loaves
Home baking is a great choice when it comes to a thoughtful gift, and these deliciously citrusy Cranberry and Orange Mini Loaves, using our Mainland Unsalted Butter, are sure to be well received.
- 75g Mainland Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1-¾ cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange Juice
- ½ teaspoons orange zest - approximately ½ an orange
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen Cranberries
- For the glaze: ½ cup icing sugar and ¼ cup orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 900g loaf pan or pans, and line with a strip of non-stick baking paper so it overhangs on both sides.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, orange juice and zest and mix until combined. Gradually add in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, mixing after each addition until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 45-55 minutes for a large loaf or until a skewer inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- To prepare a glaze, place icing sugar in a small bowl and add just enough orange juice to ensure a drizzling consistency before applying to the loaves.
- The loaves can be frozen.