- 1 wheel Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Camembert Cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- Oil for frying
- 4 baby cooked beetroot, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- Rocket leaves and artisanal crackers to serve
- Dust Camembert with the flour then dip into the egg and lastly the combined panko and chia seeds mixture.
- Repeat the egg and panko layers so the cheese is well covered. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Simmer the diced beetroot with the balsamic, sweet chilli and Chinese five spice for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is syrupy and the beetroot is tender.
- Heat about 5 cm of oil in a small saucepan, and cook the cheese for about 2-3 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and the sides soft and slightly bulging. Carefully turn over if need be so all sides get cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and let sit for 5 minutes, then slice in half and serve with the spicy beetroot, a few rocket leaves, and artisanal crackers.