- Preheat your oven to 140°C and your waffle iron to the desired setting.
- Place the flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and eggs together. Add the melted butter and whisk again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together. Fold in the grated Mainland Special Reserve Smoked Aged Cheddar.
- Pour some of the batter into the waffle iron, leaving room around the edges for it to spread, and cook for 4-6 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a tray in the oven to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Serve with crispy bacon, sliced avocado, or a poached egg.