Nothing says warmer weather like a tasty and light Greek style salad. Combining fresh Mediterranean flavours with a single serving of Mainland Creamy Feta, this recipe by Rhiannon Baldock makes for the perfect warm weather lunch treat.
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, quartered and cut into chunks
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ¼ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1tbsp sliced kalamata olives
- 1tbsp fresh or dried oregano
- 50g pack Mainland Creamy Feta
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 toasted pita breads
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and olives, then spoon onto your desired plate.
- Remove the Mainland Feta from the packet, drain the liquid and place on top of the salad.
- In a small jar, combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard and olive oil. Shake well to combine, season, and shake a final time.
- Pour dressing over the salad and feta, finish with fresh cracked pepper and serve with toasted pitas.