When it’s in season, fresh sweet corn is stunning. And in this salad, with creamy Mainland Feta, a little diced avocado, coriander, red onion and chilli, it’s absolutely on point. It’s the perfect salad to bring along to a BBQ.
- 3 fresh corn cobs
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and cut into 1cm dice
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 200 grams Mainland Feta, crumbled
- Preheat your barbecue or griddle pan to a high heat. Peel the husks back from the corn, leaving them attached at the end, and remove the silks (the thin stringy bits).
- Twist the husks up so they’re away from the hot grill and place the corn on the barbecue to cook for 10-12 minutes. Turn every few minutes until charred and cooked evenly.
- Remove, leave to cool and then slice the kernels off into a large salad bowl.
- Add the avocado, onion, red chilli and lemon juice to the bowl.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss until well combined.
- Just before serving, mix through the chopped coriander and crumbled feta and you’re good to go.