- 40g Mainland Natural Butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced (reserve a few slices for garnishing)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium Agria potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g Mainland Special Reserve Blue Vein Cheese
- 2 cups Anchor Blue Milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices ciabatta, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mainland Special Reserve Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and add the leek, garlic and ginger, then cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and fragrant and starting to colour.
- Add potatoes and stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Crumble in most of the Mainland Special Reserve Blue Vein Cheese, reserving a little for the garnish. Add the milk and then whizz using a stick blender or food processor until thick and smooth. Season to taste.
- Fry diced ciabatta in a little olive oil to make croutons, and fry reserved leek over a high heat in a little olive oil till crisp.
- Reheat gently if needed and top with the croutons, fried leek and Mainland Special Reserve Grated Parmesan Cheese.