Don’t wait till Friday to enjoy this easy fish dish – bursting with flavour, thanks to a duo of egmont and parmesan cheeses and fresh parsley.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Mainland Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Mainland Egmont cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 fillets fresh white fish
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, Mainland Egmont cheese and parsley in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Spread the flour in an even layer in a shallow bowl.
- Dust fish fillets with flour then dip in the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumbs, pressing down firmly to coat well.
- Heat one centimetre olive oil in your frying pan and cook the fish in batches for four to five minutes on each side.