The combination of chipotle mayo, chillies, coconut prawns and Mainland Havarti is simply mouth-watering. Add with it avocado and lime and you just need a margarita for the perfect meal!
El Loco Gamba was created by Becky Andrews who entered the Burger Burger and Mainland Burger-By-Design competition.
- 4 buttered buns
- 4 Tbsp Mainland Creamy Havarti Cheese
- 4 Tbsp chipotle mayonnaise
- 4 tsp fresh coriander
- 4 Cos lettuce leaves or Iceburg
400g coconut prawns - makes 4 cutlets per burger
- 400g prawn cutlets
- 30g coconut thread
- 20g flour
- 20g panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 50ml canola oil
8 Tbsp mango, corn and chili salsa
- 1 whole mango or 1 tin of sliced mangos
- 2 whole corn cobs
- ¼ big, fresh red chilli (no seeds)
- 6 stems of coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 medium red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
8 Tbsp guacamole
- 1 large avocado
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 6 stems of coriander
- ½ lime
- Take a large bowl and mix together the panko crumbs and the coconut thread.
- Take another 2 bowls and add the egg mix to one and the flour to another.
- Rinse the prawn cutlets under cold water and pat dry with some paper towel.
- Next coat the prawns in the flour, then egg and finally coat in the panko and coconut crumb.
- Take a shallow saucepan and heat the oil over a medium heat until it bubbles, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Shallow fry the prawns until they are a nice golden colour. Leave to drain on some paper towels.
Mango, corn and chilli salsa
- Take a large pot and boil some salted water. Add the corn on the cob and cook for approximately 10 minutes, then remove and leave to drain in a colander.
- Dice up the mango into small cubes and add to a large bowl.
- Once the corn is cooled, slice the kernels off the cob and add in to the bowl with the mango.
- Finely dice up the red onion, chilli, coriander and add to the bowl. Mix together well.
- Finish by squeezing in the lime juice and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take one large avocado and mash up with a fork.
- Add the cayenne, salt and pepper, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime. Mix through well to combine.
To assemble the burger
- Cut the buns in half, butter them and then toast under the grill for a few seconds.
- Add 2 Tbsp of guacamole to the bottom of each bun.
- Take 1 cos lettuce leaf, cut in half and add on the top of the guacamole.
- Add the cooked coconut prawns and top with Mainland creamy Havarti Cheese.
- Inside of the bun add the chipotle mayonnaise, the salsa and the fresh coriander.
- Place the top of the bun on to your burger and serve.