This recipe is full of rich, elegant flavours. Salmon fillets are always a winner, and here their oiliness is countered by the crispness of the salad and our tangy, strong Parmesan Cheese.
- 150g crème fraîche
- 1 cup grated Mainland Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 portions salmon fillet, boneless ( approx. 180g each)
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 handfuls baby kale leaves
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 4 ripe oranges, zested then peeled and segmented
- Olive oil and pomegranate molasses, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Line a shallow roasting tray with baking paper.
- Mix crème fraîche, Parmesan Cheese, lemons and sesame seeds together.
- Place salmon fillets on the tray and top with a spoonful of the crème fraiche mixture and a little extra Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until salmon is golden and just flaking in the centre.
- In a large bowl mix together the fennel slices, kale leaves, radish and orange zest and segments then dress with olive oil and pomegranate molasses to taste.
- Serve salmon portions alongside the kale and fennel salad.