The trusty old pick-me-up the next day burger treat. Full of the good stuff to satisfy those cravings. Beer battered fries, a sizzling beef pattie, Mainland Smoked Cheese and lashings of tasty marmite mayo. This burger is the stuff of legends - indulge yourself!
The Hangover Cure was created by Jenny M who entered the Burger Burger and Mainland Burger-By-Design competition.
- 4 buttered buns
- 4 180g beef patties
- 8 Tbsp Marmite mayonnaise
- 400g beer battered fries
- 120g Mainland Smoked cheese
- 4 Cos or Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Take a bowl and mix together 8 Tbsp of mayonnaise with 1 heaped teaspoon of Marmite. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble your burgers.
- 4 good quality beef patties, approximately 180g each. Burger Burger has their own secret mix, which is a blend of beef cuts and no other additives. You can ask your local butcher what they would recommend or grab some from our friends at Neat Meat in Ponsonby Central, Auckland.
- Cook the patties in a large pan heated with 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Burger Burger likes to cook their patties to medium rare, which is about five minutes on either side. Cook to your preference and season with salt and pepper whilst cooking. Leave to rest for two minutes.
- Take your smoked cheddar slices and add on top of the patty, quickly grill the cheese on top of the patty under the grill until it just starts to melt.
Beer battered fries
- Choose your favorite packet of frozen beer battered fries and portion out 4 handfuls.
- You can choose to either bake or deep fry them. Cook until the fries are a nice golden colour and nice and crunchy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the burger
- Cut the buns in half, butter them and then toast them under the grill for a few seconds until they start to brown.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of the Marmite mayo to the bottom of the bun.
- Add the patty with the melted smoked cheddar and top with crispy lettuce leaves.
- Add 1 portion of the beer battered fries to each burger, add another Tbsp of Marmite mayo to the top of your bun and your burger is ready to go!