This simple but super tasty tart makes a quick, but impressive lunch. If you are using ready rolled sheets of pastry, roll out two on top of each other to make a larger circle.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry out if necessary, cut into a 25 centimetre round and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- With a knife, score an inner circle into the pastry, about two centimetre from the outer edge.
- Brush around this outside rim of the pastry with a little egg wash.
- Prick the pastry inner circle several times with a fork.
- Cut the drained peppers into thin strips and spread over the inner pastry.
- Bake for 10 minutes then arrange the sliced brie or camembert over the top and sprinkle with thyme leaves and bake a further five minutes until the pastry until the pastry is golden and risen.