A seasonal treat that’ll make a great gift all year round. With Mainland Unsalted Butter as the secret ingredient, these soft chewy cookies come to life with crunchy hazelnuts and raspberry icing.
- 125g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 90g Caster sugar
- 90g Ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 185g Plain flour
- 250g Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 1-2 teaspoons Raspberry essence or liqueur
- 1½ teaspoons Hot water
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cream together 125g Mainland Unsalted Butter and 90g caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 90g ground hazelnuts, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Sift in 185g plain flour to form a firm dough.
- On a floured board roll out to ¼ cm thickness and cut into 5cm rounds.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Sift 250g icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon melted Mainland Unsalted Butter and 1 to 2 teaspoons raspberry essence or liqueur.
- Stir in 1 ½ tablespoons hot water, drop by drop, until mixture is of spreading consistency.
- Spread icing onto completely cooled biscuits. Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries.