- 125g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 100g Runny honey
- 100g Caster sugar
- 320g Plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons All Spice
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 250g Icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Mainland Unsalted Butter
- Decorations (to sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl placed over a saucepan of hot water, place 125g Mainland Unsalted Butter, 100g runny honey and 100g caster sugar. Stir until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Sift 320g plain flour, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, 2 teaspoons allspice and 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda. Stir into warmed mixture until a stiff dough is formed. Wrap in waxed paper or beeswax wrap; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on between two sheets of greaseproof paper to 5mm thickness and cut into stars. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sift 250g icing sugar into a small bowl.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons melted Mainland butter until smooth.
- Pipe icing onto cold biscuits, sprinkle with decorations if required.