The Summer BBQ-URGER is the taste of hot sunny days that’s literally bursting with Summer flavours. Sausage meat beef patties, a hearty slaw with corn, mayo, onion, carrot and more layered with sliced Mainland Smoked Cheddar Cheese. Best served with a side of friends to share with.
The Summer BBQ-URGER was created by Summer K who entered the Burger Burger and Mainland Burger-By-Design competition.
- 4 buttered buns
- 4 Tbsp tomato chutney
4 beef sausage patties
- 720g beef sausages
4 Tbsp corn slaw
- 1 large red onion
- 1/4 savoy cabbage
- 2 whole corn cobs
- 1 large carrot
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
4 Cos lettuce leaves
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
8 large slices of Mainland Smoked Cheddar
Beef sausage patty
- Take the beef sausages and squeeze the meat from the skin into a bowl.
- Portion out four 180g and form into patties.
- Cook the patties on a BBQ on both sides for approximately three minutes or until cooked through and leave to rest.
- Season with salt and pepper whilst on the grill.
- Trim sweetcorn cobs to remove all but two to three layers of husk. Place them in a pot with salted water and allow to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- When ready to cook, place whole cobs straight onto a hot BBQ. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning every five minutes or so.
- Remove from BBQ. Once the corn is cool enough to handle remove remaining husk and slice the kernels off the cob into a large bowl.
- Finley dice up the red onion and the cabbage and add to the bowl.
- Peel and finely slice and cut the carrot into sticks, add to the bowl.
- Finish by mixing through the mayonnaise, a squeeze of the lemon and a sprinkle of the brown sugar to add some sweetness.
To assemble the burger
- Cut the buns in half, butter them and then toast them under the grill for a few seconds until they begin to toast.
- Add two Tbsp of tomato chutney to the bottom bun and top with a cos lettuce leaf.
- Next add the sausage beef patty, two slices of Mainland Smoked Cheddar Cheese and two Tbsp of the grilled corn slaw.
- On the top bun add one Tbsp of mayonnaise
- Place the top of the bun onto your burger and serve.